Out of System Loan Requests
If an item cannot be located in the PrairieCat catalog, Moline Public Library patrons in good standing can request an ILL (InterLibrary Loan).
- Waiting Period: Waiting periods vary, will typically be longer than for requests (holds) placed within the PrairieCat system.
- Limits: An individual can have up to 5 active ILL requests at a time.
- Checkout Period: The checkout period is at the discretion of the lending library. The item will be checked out to our library before it is sent to us. That means that, unlike system holds, the due date is already set before the item arrives at our library. For this reason, it is best to pick up your ILL item(s) as soon as possible.
- Renewing: If you would like to renew an ILL, please contact the Circulation Department. We will have to contact the library system that we obtained the item from to ask for a renewal. For some systems, we will receive an answer right away. Other systems may require a few days to get back to us. Please ask for a renewal as soon as you know you need it.
Moline Public Library patrons can request an ILL the following ways:
- In Person: Visit the 2nd floor Information Desk or call 309-524-2470 and staff will place requests for you.
- Online: PrairieCat ILL Request Form
- Once your are on the PrairieCat ILL Request Form page select the type of material you are looking for from the Interlibrary Loan Order Forms table.
- Enter your library card number (located on the back of your card) and your PIN, and click Submit.
- Enter as much information as you have about the item. The more information you have, the better. However, don't worry if you don't have all the information requested on the form.
- Click Submit This Request at the bottom.
- If you would like additional items, please go back to the ILL form and submit your additional requests.