Library Card Sign-Up Month
September is Library Card Sign-Up Month, and we encourage everyone to register for a library card and take advantage of its many benefits! With your Moline Public Library card, you can:
- Explore and access a vast collection of books, movies, music, and more from a catalog of 138 Illinois libraries.
- Stream or download books, audiobooks, and other entertainment from Libby, Hoopla!, and Axis 360.
- Visit cultural venues with passes to local attractions.
- Learn and grow with our collection of digital resources, such as NewsBank, Universal Class, Scholastic Teachables, CreativeBug, and more.
- Try out pickleball, go birdwatching, or digitize photos with kits from our Library of Things.
- Check out most items with no late fines.
Register for a Library Card
Getting a Moline Public Library card is easy! Individuals of any age who reside within the city limits of Moline are eligible for a library card. Residency in the city limits of Moline and proof of identification are required.
Apply for a new card, replace a lost card, or renew an expired card with our online application or by visiting the Circulation Desk to get started.
During the month of September, anyone who applies for a new card, renews an expired card, or replaces a lost card can pick out a prize from our treasure chest!
Moline Scavenger Hunt
Celebrate Library Card Sign-Up Month and explore our city with the Moline Scavenger Hunt! Learn more about what the Moline Public Library has to offer and have a chance to win a $50 gift card from a participating Moline business.
Here's how it works:
- Starting Friday, September 1, visit 8 of the participating Moline locations and look for our Library Card Sign-Up Month sign on display.
- Record the secret word or phrase found at each location.
- Once you have found 8, fill out this form or submit your entries on our online Moline Scavenger Hunt Form.
- All entries are due by Monday, October 2, 8:00pm. One submission per individual, please.
Starting Friday, September 1, Moline Scavenger Hunt print forms are available at any service desk at the library or at the download link on this page.